Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Finally......JULY

So it is finally July and I have to be honest, it didn't start out that well. On Friday, I had a complete breakdown. I literally cried all day Friday and Saturday morning. We're getting down to the wire and I am very excited. But I think all the stress just had built up and needed to be released. Which is a good thing. I was also stressed because even though we were able to pay for our treatment, we were short on cash for medications. And to top it off, when I went to pay for the treatment, the total was $300 higher than the original total. I just looked at the billing lady and said, "Your joking, right?". Then I showed her the paperwork she gave us with a different total. We ran the numbers five times and kept getting the higher total. To say the least, I was a little frustrated. But I still paid the full amount because this is important to us and it is definitely worth it.

Then I went home and cried some more. When Jon got home, he pretty much told me, in his own nice way, to straighten up. He said that we have been going on faith this whole time and we needed to just keep having faith. And if this is meant to be, it would work out. I hate to admit it, but he was right. But it did take me a little while to feel better. I also pulled out my scriptures and read the story about Jesus feeding the five thousand with 2 fish and five loaves of bread and how everyone had enough to eat and were no long hungry. I thought if Christ was able to that, then we would find away to pay for my meds.

So Saturday morning, we went to breakfast with his parents, and then he and I went to a movie. We saw Knight And Day, which is pretty cute. We took Dixie to Murray park, had dinner with his parents and then hung out for the rest of night. Sunday we prayed and fasted that things would work out the way they were supposed too. We took Dixie to the park again and then watched a movie at home. I think Jon was trying to keep me busy. Monday, we took a truck full of stuff to Savers, went to breakfast, walked around Ikea, took a long nap, and met up with Jamie and RJ for dinner at JCW's. Afterwhich, Jon and RJ watched a dvd about Fractals (don't ask) and Jamie and I watched The Bachelorette.

This morning, I was determined to have a better attitude about everything. I was still really worried, but I decided whatever was going happen would happen.

A few weeks ago I had applied for a Compassionate Care Program that helps couples with the cost of their medications either by donation or what have you. I didn't think we would qualify but I thought it was worth a shot. They called me today and told me we wouldn't qualify...Shocker!!! But then they told me some good news....that our insurance will cover the medications with just a copay. My chin literally dropped to the ground. I didn't think insurance would cover the meds since they don't cover IVF. So I called my doctor, got a list of all the meds I would be taking, called the pharmacy department for my insurance, went over all the meds with them and found out, to my relief, that the meds would not cost as much as we originally thought. I truly feel blessed and know without a doubt, that this was an answer to our prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that your insurance pays for the meds. i was starting to tear up reading your blog. My heart goes out to you guys and all that you are doing to complete your family and the fact that you have one less thing to worry about makes me so happy for you. Our prayers are always with you and this journey you are going on. we love you!!!