Thursday, July 15, 2010

Quick Update

So, this is just a quick upate. I started my shots on Saturday and they aren't to bad. But they make me tired and achey. This past Tuesday, I went in for a quick blood test so they could see where my Estrogen levels are after starting on the medications. The levels came bacck at being 74. The nurse had told me that they were looking for them to be at 100 to 150. I was a little discouraged and a little dissappointed. However, the nurse told me not to be discouraged because I had just started the meds and he started me on a low dose of the follicle stimulator hormone to prevent ovarian hyperstimulation. So, she increased the dose of the Gonal-F from 225 to 300.

Today I went in for an ultrasound and another blood draw. I think I'm starting to look like a drug addict. The ultrasound went really well. The doctor said my follicle's were growing and I had 11 follicles so far. I really think I can feel my ovaries being stimulated. Then I had my blood drawn. The doctor said he would most likely need to increase my dosage again by another 75 units. I talked to the nurse to talk about ordering additional meds to get me through the eekend. We went over my estrogen levels a little bit more and then she said she would call me later with my blood results.

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting a huge change. I mean, my levels only went up by 50 from Friday to Tuesday. But we were hoping it would at least double which would put me between the 100 and 150 range. When the nurse called me, she said my levels went from 74 to 220 which she said is really good. She also explained that I wouldn't start the Ganirelix, which prevents ovulation, until my largest follicle hit 14 millimeters. I asked her big they were measuring now and she told me 10 millimeters. So, the drugs must be working and doing the job. I was ecstatic to get these results. She did say that egg retrieval would most likely be next Thursday or Friday. So that has been pushed back a little which will push back the embryo transfer and bed rest. Which is fine with me. I'm just happy that everything is going good. So there is my update for now. More later.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm glad to hear everything is going as planned so far. Hang in there!!!

I'm not sure if you got my email, but I still want to make you dinner while you are on bed rest, I guess when you find out for sure when that will be we can plan a day...

Love you!!
Love Ash