Thursday, June 5, 2014

Where does the time go?

Yesterday, my beautiful niece, Britney, graduated from Highland High School. I can not believe how time has flown!! It feels like yesterday that she was our flower girl when we were married.

Britney and I walking on the temple grounds at the Jordan River Temple.

Britney is the little girl sitting on Jon's lap.


And this is us 16 years later......

 Me, Britney, and Jon

Me and the Brit-Girl!!

I am so proud of this beautiful girl!! She has overcome so much in her life and she is still the most level-headed, fun-loving, sweetest girl. She has turned into a beautiful young woman. She is honest, hardworking, loving, caring, smart, talented, and so many other things. We are so proud to be her aunt and uncle and have enjoyed watching her grow. 

I am the oldest in my family. And when I married Jon, 16 years ago, the only niece at the time on either side was Britney. I quickly fell in love with this little girl and since, have enjoyed many adventures and talks with her. It is hard to imagine that she will be starting at the University of Utah in the fall and that she will be starting a new chapter in her life. 

A few favorites/memories about Britney:
- Her favorite movies when she was little were, The Wizard of Oz, Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, Alice in Wonderland, and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
-One of her favorite people was her Grandpa Williams
- Going to the drive-in
- Sleepovers
- Going to the zoo
-Lunch at Hires where she stuffed a whole Oreo cookie in her mouth (she was only 2)
- Going to McDonalds for chicken nuggets and fries
- Getting mani-pedis

And so many more!!

I love this girl with all of my heart!!! I feel in so many ways, that she IS my first kid. And a special thank you to her parents who have shared her with us. 
I can't wait to see what she does next. I know that whatever she puts her mind to, she will succeed. Keep on dreaming, Brit!!

 Our beautiful graduate!

 Daniele, Britney, and Steve

 Howells/Saddlers with Grandma and Grandpa Howell

 Britney with both parents: Annika and Troy Saddler and Daniele and Steve 
Howell

 Britney with Grandma and Grandpa Williams

 The family: Missy, Steve, Britney, Daniele, Mandy, and Braden

Howells/Saddlers

No comments: