Friday, July 30, 2010

Week of Luxury

So, my week of rest is coming to an end and it has been quite the week.

On Sunday, we had some visitors. Jamie and RJ brought me a bowl of chocolates which, unfortunately, have already been eaten. The Rebecca and Robert came over and brought me a fertility Dragonfly to put in our yard. And Jon's hometeaching companion and family brought us dinner.


On Monday, my friend Heather came over with her cute little girl and Jamie's little boy and had lunch with me. It was a great way to break up the day. That night, my sister in-law, Ashley, brought us chicken enchilada's for dinner. So yummy!! Also, on Monday night, Jamie came over to watch The Bachelorette: Men Tell All. It was a great night for fun drama.

Tuesday night, we got chinese for dinner from Jamie and RJ and then Jon and I watched Man v. Food. Not sure how I'm able to watch that while I'm eating at the same time, but we did.

On Wednesday, my friend, Amber, came over to visit and she brought me the most delicious, sinful cupcakes I have ever eaten. See picture below. After Amber left, I took my first outing with Jon to Del Taco. It felt so good to get out of the house.


Chocolate cupcakes with white chocolate chips in the middle and mint flavored frosting and mini chocolate chips on top. YUMMY!!!

On Thursday, my friend Dawnita, brought over a cake that is so rich and so good that it should not even be legal. Three layers of chocolate cake with peanut butter in between each layer and chocolate/peanut butter frosting. I could not even finish my first slice. Jon took a slice and just scraped off the frosting and could not even finish the frosting. Seriously the best cake I have ever had.That same night, Heather brought us homemade pizza and eggless cookies. I am not kidding when I say this pizza is better than take out.
The other things I have done this week is Facebook, blogging, rest, and read.

"Trash" magazines, crosswords, and books.

Watched Gilmore Girls and King of Queens. I have never seen Gilmore Girls, so my friend Heather has been letting me borrow her season's and I am now addicted.

It has been quite a week and I am sad to see it end. But we have felt so much love and kindness from so many friends that it has been overwhelming. I hope all of these people realize how much they mean to us and how grateful we are for their friendships.

1 comment:

Nadia said...

Sounds like quite a week, Sal! And you have some amazing friends - that is so great! Glad you were able to relax, enjoy all that delicious food and watch those awesome shows! Oh and the mags and books are always a must when relaxing;)