Sunday, July 25, 2010

2 Little Embryos Are Home

So, Thursday was the egg retrieval and they retrieved 23 eggs. Friday morning, we received a phone call to tell us these results:

5 were immature
18 were mature
ICSI was done on 18, but 7 didn't fertilize and 1 just disentegrated
10 fertilized

They said they would call us on day 3, which is today the 25th, to give us an update.

We received a phone call at 8:45AM this morning and were told that the doctor is recommending transfer for today. They said we had two really good embryos that were ready for transfer and didn't see the point in waiting any longer. We have two more that they are going to continue to grow out for possible freezing. The two they transfered were 8 cell and 7 cell which is really good. I do have a picture that I will have to post later.

So we had 45 minutes to get showered and dressed and be out the door. I was not even awake when they called. I just starte crying after I got the call because honestly, I wasn't ready for this.
I was excited, nervous, and freaking out at the same time. I also had to arrive with a full bladder so I chugged as much water as possible. Before we left, Jon and I offered a humble, heartfelt prayer and then we were off. We both could no stop crying because we could not believe we had made it this far. I text and called everyone we could think of.

We got to the doctors, signed in, and sat with Dr. Heiner and went over how our embryos were doing. They gave me 3 valium and I am so glad because they had to use a catheter to implant. It seriously took like 10 minutes. Jon had to cover his clothes and wear a hat and booties. I put on my hospital gown with my hat and booties. After Dr. Heiner was done, I rested for about 15 minutes and then I decided I would be more comfortable in my own bed.

After we left, We we went to Einstein Bagels for a treat. Yes, I know. It's Sunday. We got home and I am camped out on my recliner.

What a whirlwind of a day. It feels so unreal. But we aren't out of the woods yet. Now we wait to see if it worked. But, 2 little embryos are in their home where they can relax and grow. And I can look forward to a week of reading, watching movies, and sleeping as well as relaxing.

Please continue to keep up in your prayers. And stop on by. We'll be here all week.

4 comments:

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

That is SOOOO exciting Sally and Jon! Sending sticky baby dust your way!!

Nadia said...

Sally, you guys are most definitely in my prayers. I'm really excited for you and Jon! Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Susie Chadwick said...

oh, good luck! Definitely praying for your little ones!

Anonymous said...

oh sally i am so excited:) i have been at my sisters graduation in idaho and dying to know what was going on the whole time!! i will call ya cause i want to come by:)