Thursday, June 24, 2010

June Needs to End NOW

So.....in about two weeks, we start IVF for real. On July 10th we have a class where we will learn about the meds that are injected. Jon will learn how to give them to me and I will learn how to be brave to get them. Some of you may already know that I have a phobia of needles. I hate them!!! I can't even have my blood drawn without laying down. When I had my sinus surgery, I hyperventilated when they gave me my IV. Anyway. Back to what I was talking about. I actually want to learn how to give myself the shots just in case Jon isn't around when I need one. Like when I go to Heather's to watch The Bachelorette. (ha ha)

At this class we'll also go over all the consent forms and sign them. It's very interesting to read through them. One the forms ask us what we want to do with leftover embryo's if something happens to one of us or if we get a divorve or if we both die. They have several options and we are still trying to figure out what we feel would be best.


Later that night, after the class, I will be starting the injections. I'm kind of glad that we have this class the same day I start injections otherwise I think I would have spent a whole month psyching myself out about them due to the previously metnioned phobia. I also have a an appointment on July 9th for bloodwork and and ultrasound. Another one of those lovely, vaginal, ultrasound's. But this is all definitely going to be worth it. I calculated from the time I start injections to the time I have the embryo transfer, it will be about a 4 week process. And then another 2 weeks after that to find out if it worked, which it will, because we are being positive.

So, as you can tell, I have alot to look forward too and I am more than ready to get started. I must warn most of you, though, that I will most likely be emotional, moody, and crying alot, so please bare with me. I'm going to be pretty crazy and highstrung and sensitive. I'll just have to keep telling myself that it's just the med's. But it is going to be so worth it. I can feel it! As I told one of my friends, I feel like a little kid at Christmas wondering if Christmas Eve and morning will ever arrive. So, I really want June to be done with. I am really looking forward to this new adventure and I am so excited I can hardly stand it.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You are a strong and courageous woman and you are going to get through this! You will get pregnant...I'm certain of it! I promise, the shots aren't as bad as they seem...soon, you'll be an expert! Just remember why you are doing it and how it is worth it!

Please let me know if you have any questions! It is really helpful to have someone to chat with that has been through it and can relate to what you are experiencing. Let me know...you can call or email me! I also recommend a online support group. Women are just AMAZING! It is wonderful how much support you can get from total strangers going through the same thing!