Thursday, July 8, 2010

Special Delivery

Today I got a special delivery from the UPS man. But it wasn't your typical, brown box. Instead, it was white, foam, refrigerated box. Like the one below.

Inside, were all of my IVF medications. The needles, syringe's, alcohol wipes, and bandages. I have to admit that I started getting a little woozy taking everything out due to my phobia of needles. So, I quickly just took everything out, made sure it was all there, and put it on the counter. Then I came back an opened up the boxes and looked at the needles and decided I wasn't going to do this. That decision lasted all of two seconds. I knew this was going to be worth it. I think I have looked at everything 5 times and I am starting to get a little braver. In fact, I wanted to start tonight. But I have to wait until Saturday. But it's interesting to go through.

Here was what was inside:

This is a drug called GANIRELIX (ga-ni-REL-ix). This is a releasing hormone. It's used to help regulate hormone response in the treatment of infertility.

This next drug is called GONAL-F. This medicine is a human follicle stimulating hormones used to treat infertility in women by stimulating ovaries to produce eggs. It's a follicle stimulating hormone. This is the one that has to be refrigerated.

Another drug I will be taking is called NOVAREL or human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). This is a hormone that supports the normal development of an egg in a womens ovary and stimulates the release of the egg during ovulation. The last drug is called CRINONE 8% Vaginal Gel or Progesterone. It's a hormone used to treat infertility due to progesterone deficiency. It helps to prepare the uterus for implantation and development of a fertilized egg.

Along with all this wonderful stuff, I received my own sharps container so we can dispose of the needles and syringes properly So now we have our own little pharmacy and clinic going on in our kitchen. It's pretty intersting. And the more I think about it and see all this modern medicine sitting on my table, the more excited I get about everything. Just two more days, and I can finallly get started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! that is so much stuff. you are so brave and amazing!!!