Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One Step Closer to Our Goal

I had the most AMAZING vist with the reproductive endocrinologist today. It was so awesome!!! However, when we first got there, we waited a little bit longer than we thought and I almost lost my nerve. I turned to Jon and told him I wanted to go home and he felt the same way. But he said we were here and we had to stick it out. I mean, we had both made ourselves sick all day over this appointment. we just didn't know what to expect. But we're committed. This doctor was wonderful. I felt such a connection with him and felt so good about our visit. I was extremely impressed. He first got to know us as a couple instead of patient's. He asked us things like how we met, how long we dated, where we worked, how long we have been married, and things like that. Then he asked us if we knew why we couldn't get pregnant. After givine him both of our diagnosis', it was determined that Invitro would be our only option. However, he went over different option's of invitro. Then he showed us a diagram of what happen's and what the process is like. I have to say, that I am impressed how far technology has come. He was very personable and kind. I seriously feel like a burden has been lifted off of my shoulder's. It feel's good to know that there is a chance.

Then we met with his nurse who was just as sweet. She went over the different test's we'll need to do before we get started. She explained to us how invitro works and what they do when they retrieve the eggs and the sperm. It was truly amazing. She gave us a magazine to take home called Conceive that has article's on infertility. She was just really sweet. She even gave us a web address so we can look at the stages of invitro and Jon thought that was pretty cool.

Now, as if our brains weren't overloaded enough, we met with someone from billing. I thought for sure the billing part was going to be hard to talk about, but Jon and I were surprisingly calm. I mean, this will cost a small fortune and in the end it will be so worth it.

We were pretty overwhelmed by the time we were home, but it was a good overwhelming feeling. This office staff was amazing and I can't wait to work with them.

So for right now we are going to do the preliminary testing and then go from there. These test's will help give the doctor a better idea of our chance's and we are praying that they will come back normal. And just the fact to have a doctor that is so positive and confident, and he should be for as long as he has been doing this, made this visit even better. We are feeling pretty positive about the direction we are going.

Thank-you again to everyone out there, who reads my blog, for all your prayer's, love, support, and positive thoughts. I know it is helping and it has been a huge blessing in our lives. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful friends.

2 comments:

Woodward Family said...

This is so neat that you guys are doing this. My sister-in law is going through invitro right now. Good luck with everything, I love reading your blog! We really miss you guys and the ward.

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you had a good experiance. It makes such a big difference to have people to treat you good and with respect. Our prayers are with you guys!