Wednesday, April 28, 2010

HSG Test Results........NORMAL

So, yesterday I went in for a HSG test, or a Hysterosalpingogram. This is a test where they take X-ray's of the uterus and fallopian tubes. This test is not comfortable by any means. First the doctor swabs the area down there clean and then he uses a catheter to shoot a die into the uterus and tubes. I'm not going to lie....this hurt like HELL. You get crampy and it is very uncomfortable. This is far worse the most uncomfortable thing I have experienced. Worse than period cramps. However, I pushed through and before I could start crying, he was done.

The doctor was so nice and had the best bedside manner. One pretty cool part was they put I could watch on a monitor the pictures they were taking, but I had no idea what I was looking at.

Afterwards, they brought Jon in to look at the pictures with me. He showed us the tubes and the uterus and where they shot in the die. I still had no idea what I was looking at. It's kind of a strange image. However, he told me there was no blockage and we were looking at normal fallopian tubes and a normal uterus. We were both so happy and pleased because this was something we had prayed for. Thank heavens for small miracles. And because everything is normal, I'll never have to do this again. YEAH!!!

When I went in to change, I just started crying because I was so happy and felt truly blessed. And Jon was so proud of me that he took me to dinner. Kind of a celebration for a small victory. And that this is one step closer to our goal.

Again, thank-you to all who read this blog and have kept us in your thoughts and prayers. It means more to us than you could ever know. I honestly do not know how we would be able to go through this without a wonderful support system and the gospel in our lives. I am overwhelmed.

4 comments:

Nic said...

That is great Sally, so good to hear good news!

David and Taryn said...

Yay! That is great news. And you never have to do it again! Woo Hoo!

LudvigsonFamily said...

Sorry you had to go through so much pain. I have heard that test is very painful. You are such a strong women, this is going to make you the best mother ever! My prayers are with you and Jon. Let me know if there is anything I can ever do for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh man you are a strong woman to go through that! but for those results i'm sure you would do it again:) I'm sooo happy for you!