Friday, April 30, 2010

Another Small Victory

Today I had another blood test and a 3D Saline Sonogram. This test is where they get a more defined look of the uterus and ovaries. I am going to be honest....this was not very comfortable either, but not as bad as the HSG test. Let's just say I'm not a fan of catheters. Although he said that the sonogram and the HSG are by far the most painful things I'll have to beside's giving birth. He better not be lying.

The doctor uses this 3D wand and looks at the uterus and then he takes a few pictures. And this isn't a wand that he use's on top of your stomach. This is an "inside" wand, if you catch my drift. Even though I was pretty uncomfortable and pretty cramp, I was able to look at the monitor as well and I have to say, it was pretty cool to look at. Then he used a catheter (yuck) and shot saline into the uterus. This time he looked at my ovaries to see how many eggs I have. 12 eggs on each side! He said that was more than average, but that was because my cycle's aren't regular, but promising that I have alot to work with. It was just amazing to look at and be able to count up all those eggs. No, it's not a baby, but it was still pretty cool and impressive.

After he was done we looked at the pictures and he showed me what he had taken pictures of and told us that everything was normal and looked really good. Better than the doctor in Baby Mama telling me he didn't like my uterus. LOL It's obvious we are pretty pleased. It was also nice to hear the the results from the first blood test were good and my hormone levels were right where they are supposed to be. Now Jon is scheduled for his test and we'll have even more to work with.

We can truly feel that several prayers have been answered and we have been truly blessed. This is just one step closer to our goal. However, we know we still have a long and emotional road to travel, but I think we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just have to remember that every test, every shot, every painful experience, is going to be worth it in the end.

No comments: