Saturday, January 24, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

Draper Temple, Draper Utah

On Friday, January 23rd, I attended the Draper Temple Open House with my 12 year old niecel, Britney, and her friend Ally. It was a wonderful experience. This temple is one of the smaller temples but has 12 sealing rooms with the largest holding up to 80 people. It is the 129th temple of the LDS church and the 12th temple in Utah. The granite for te exterior is imported from China and several of the interior finishes were also imported, including limestone from France and cherry wood from central Africa. It is absolutely beautiful with colors of blue, green, tan, beige, ets. It's different from any other temple I have been in and I think it is my favorite temple so far. Here is a link from KSL.com to look at other pictures of the temple. http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=5322959&nid=148

I also really enjoyed the time with Ally and Britney. They are so cute but can be very silly. Although, they both said they really enjoyed the tour and seemed interested in the different rooms. Aferwords we braved the fog and drove to Applebee's for chocolate shakes and appetizers.

Britney and Ally at the covered interest to the temple

Britney and Ally on the bus from the chapel to the temple.


Enjoying milkshakes at Applebees


1 comment:

Claudine said...

We're going on Wednesday, I can't wait!