Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Decided

So we have finally decided. We are starting our IVF in July and we are doing the Global Fresh Cycle IVF. We are so excited. But I would be lying if I didn't say I was a little bit nervous. This really feels surreal. We are both feeling very positive and confident that things will work out. However, we are adding a lot of faith and hope to that as well. And many prayers.

The doctor has put me on a hormone pill and birth control to induce at least two periods before my cycle. I have also started a prenatal vitamin as well. Can't say I like it too much, but it's what the doctor ordered.

I am scheduled to start injections on July 10th. That same day, we will take a class to learn how the injections work. I'm starting to become more brave about this. At first, it made me a little scared, but I know I can handle it. The day before I start injections, I'll have an ultrasound and a blood draw.

After I start the injections, I will go in for at least 4 more blood draws and 3 ultrasounds. The target date to retrieve the eggs is July 21st. And the target day to do the embryo transfer is July 26th. After which, I will be on bed rest, or at least taking it easy, for about a week. We won't know for another two weeks if the transfer took or not. We're hoping it will and are going on blind faith that we will be blessed.

So as you can tell, July is going to be a very busy month for us. It will most likely be very emotional and I'll probably turn into a crazy person. Although, I'm already pretty crazy so I'm not sure how much more crazy I can get. However, it will be very exciting and when all is said and done, it will be worth it.

We feel our time to have children is soon and we have been so patient, we have faith that Heavenly Father will answer our prayers.

Again, thanks to all of you who take time to read my blog and who are praying for us. We are so grateful for all the support we are receiving from our family and friends. It really means alot to us. We are truly blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

July 10th is yazzi's bday so i also have a good feeling about it:) let me know if ANYTHING your bed rest time...ANYTHING!!! Movies, books, cookies, magazines, someone to talk to...just let me know:) i'm super excited for you and i really hope that it works out the first time for you guys!

Ashley said...

I'm excited for you guys! PLease put me down to bring you dinner one of the nights you are on bedrest.

Love Ash

Anonymous said...

Congrats Guys. We are praying for success!