Sunday, May 16, 2010

'IF" to "WHEN" to "AFTER"

Everytime we talk about having a baby and the procedure's we are going through, Jon has always had this habit of saying "if" we have a baby. I have to admit, it's a habit that I have had to break and have done so. But everytime Jon says it, it drives me crazy and I am always correcting him and telling him we need to be more positive.

Well, last night, we were driving to the movies and we were just talking about everyday stuff and things we would like to accomplish in the future. Jon finishing school, finding a different job, getting into a bigger house, places we would like to go, etc., etc. As we were talking, Jon said "When we have the baby we should do, blah, blah, blah." And of course I nodded my head and agreed with some of the things he was saying. And then a few minutes later, he said, "After we have the baby we should blah, blah, blah." Again, I nodded my head and agreed.

It was so nice to hear him say "when" and "after", instead of "if'. I don't know if he was feeling less stressed because his test was over or feeling more positive after visiting with Ashley and George and Little Max, but it was nice to hear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so great. After and when is so exciting to hear:)

Ashley said...

:)