Friday, May 21, 2010

Finally.....Results

We finally got Jon's results. Actually, I think Jon was starting to get a little antsy, so he called me for the doctor's phone number and called himself. I was actually surprised that he did that on his own. I'm usually the one who is anxious to know and calling the doctor until I get an answer. Anyway. He talked to the nurse and got his results. We were really hoping we could do Artificial Insemination because it's covered under our insurance and it would not have been as taxing on my body. However, the results didn't give us that option. So, of course, we were a little disappointed. However.....We were told that the motility, the amount of good sperm, was pretty good to work with and that Invitro is still a good option for us. You would think that we would be more excited about this and we are. But sometime's even good news can seem bittersweet when it doesn't give us the answer we would like.

That being said, we are feeling optimistic that Invitro will work for us. The doctor and staff will just give the sperm a little extra help. After they retrieve the eggs and get another sample, they'll inject the sperm directly into the eggs to help fertilize it. It's called ICSI and it adds to the cost of IVF, but it will be worth it. So, hopefully we can get started soon. We have a follow up appointment on June 3rd so we can discuss our options further. And Jon set up that appointment on his own, as well. He's really getting into this, which is a huge blessing. Amazingly, there are different options of IVF depending on what issues the wife and husband bring to the table. I'm sure after our next appointment, we'll feel even more positive.

Thank-you all to your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My parents did invirto and along came my twin sisters:) our prayers are with ya that things go smooth and everything works in your favor. Good luck on June 3rd. If you need anything let me know!!