Saturday, November 13, 2010

Today I Am Grateful For......

Today I am grateful for my mother and father. To me, they are truest examples of Christ. They are giving, thoughtful, caring, serving, etc, etc.

Growing up, I always found my mom working on a project that was always for a friend, neighbor, or family member. At Christmas, she baked and baked and would make plates of treats for neighbors and friends. She would make all of our Halloween costumes and my sister and I matching dresses for different occasions. She was thinking of others and how she could serve others. I knew I could always count on her to be there for me as well as anyone else. She taught me that whenever I am struggling with something that is hard in my life, to remember that there is someone who is struggling harder. She also taught me to throw myself into serving others to forget about my own worries.

My father is also a perfect example of service. Growing up, he was gone alot because of traveling for work. But he was always gone alot because he was constantly helping someone with one thing or another. He has always put others first. Whether it be my mother, his children, neighbor, or friend. If somebody needed a Priesthood blessing, it didn't matter what time of night it was, he would go. If we needed to be taken someplace or picked up from somewhere, it didn't matter how tired he was, he would do it. He has this calm way of talking to you that is quite intimidating and if you disappointed him, you knew it. He is one of the hardest working people that I know and drop anything for someone that needs his help.

I am truly blessed to have these two wonderful, amazing people in my life. The have made me into the person that I am today. They have been the most incredible example of not being judgemental. They taught us that no matter how different another individual is from us, we were to love them and befriend them and treat them how we would like to be treated. I know I probably didn't live that standard all the time growing up, but I know now how important that is.

I could not have asked for two better people to raise me and love me. Thanks Mom and Dad!! I love you!!!

1 comment:

Pearson Family said...

Sally...where have you been?