Sunday, September 26, 2010

What It's All About

So, lately, I have really been struggling with our IVF fail. Plus all the other things that piled on top of us after that. We are just barely starting to get out of our rut. Jon is going back school which give him something to focus on. He also going to physical therapy for his back. And he working full time. So he is a busy guy. I, on the other hand, have my job, our little dog, Dixie, and my new calling at church. Ward Choir President. Plus, I run the book club for our Relief Society. I've also started exercising. Now you would think all those things would keep me fairly busy and focused. Yet, I wasn't feeling the satisfaction. In fact, a friend at church asked me what I needed and I replied, " Something good to happen in my life." I know, not very positive. Also, sounding very selfish.

So, the other day, I was at a friends house watching TV. We have a show we both love and then one she got me addicted to. As I was sitting there, it gave me some time to reflect. And I realized.......this is what life is all about. Spending time with those you love and who love you. Whether it be family, friends, etc. Since then, I have thought about all the good things in my life and all of the blessings that I have.

Here is my list:

- The Gospel
- My Testimony
- My husband....who works so hard at school and his job
- My little dog who keeps me going
- Wonderful friends who make me want to be a better person and who look out for us
- 5 sisters and 3 brothers
- My parents and Jon's parents
- 4 nieces and 3 nephews
- Playing with my nephew, Max
- My musical talents
- Being able to read so I can fill my mind with good things
- A home
- My job
- My girl parties every week to watch our favorite tv shows
- My health
- My frozen embryo
- Being able to visit with my grandmother each week
- Knowing if I have a problem, I have lots of people I can rely on
- The means to meet our need each week and month
- Tithing

And I'm sure there are so many more that I haven't thought of. I have realized that I am a lot more fortunate than some and I need to remember that. Does that make my trials easier??? Not necessarily. But it helps. I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: