Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Fun Siblings

On the weekend of August 13th thru the 16th, Jon and I had the opportunity to spend some much needed time with my sister, brother and sister in-law, who were visiting from Florida. It was just a quick trip but definitely worth it. That Friday, the 13th, we went to dinner at Wingers and headed back to our place from movies and games. We were up very late.


The next day, Jon had to be at work very early in the morning, so I rode the Trax to downtown and spent all day with Brenda, Scott, and Liz. We had dinner at the Lion House cafe. Jon doesn't like it so the only time I get to eat there is when my family is visiting. After that, Scott and Liz did a session at the Salt Lake Temple and Brenda and I walked all over downtown. We shopped at Deseret Book, went to the North and South visitor center's on Temple Square, and then sat on the plaza between the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and Temple Square. We just sat and visited and counted how many couples were getting married. I think we lost count. But we had lots of fun admiring the different wedding dresses. Jon met us for dinner and we went to Haggerman's Bakery for sandwich's. Then Jon headed home while the rest of us walked down to The Gateway and shopped at Barnes and Noble. Because, you know, they only have Barnes and Noble in Utah (ha ha). We went back to my house and stayed up until midnight playing games. My family is really in to playing games.


On Sunday, Scott ad Liz went to church with us and afterwards, we headed to my Grandma's for a family dinner. I had a great time visiting with my cousin's that I don't see very often ad I think my Grandma enjoyed seeing everyone. But tired out quickly. My Grandpa kept up his yard very well and since his passing, my Uncle Kim has taken over and has done the yard justice. So, we took the opportunity to have him take some family pictures of Jon and I and the sibs. They came out really well, I think.


Monday was our last evening together. We met at The Gateway for dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen and then walked down to Barnes and Noble again. Because if you remember, there isn't a Barnes and Noble anywhere else in the US. The sibs had to catch a 10 o'clock flight, so, we said our good-bye's and parted ways. It was hard to say good-bye, but it was time to get back to our routine., They came to visit at the perfect time and the visit was very much needed. I hope to see them again soon.




My cute sisters!!! Liz and Brenda



Brenda and the Christus


Jon and Sally

The Siblings

Scott and Liz

Scott, Brenda, and Liz

The Tippetts Kids

Sisters


Brothers


Scott and Liz

No comments: