Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Good-Bye August.....Hello September

Today is the last day of August and I am bittersweet about this month ending. This has probably been the longest month of my life. It has also probably been one of the hardest in a very long time. As many of you know, this month started off with the terrible news of our first round of IVF not working. This pretty much started a snowball effect.

We found out that both cars need repairs. Mine needs a new belt and the truck needs two new tires. Also, because we live in a community with an HOA, we are required to restain our deck a new color. This wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't stained two years ago and are now being asked to redo it a new color. This just kind of added to the stress. Then, our dryer went out last week. On top of that, I received a note from my OB/GYN stating if I cancel an appointment without a 24 hour notice, I'll be charged $75. Background: I had an exam scheduled during our IVF treatment and it was right after the embryo transfer. I didn't feel it wise to go to this exam because I wasn't sure how that would affect the transfer. So I cancelled and obviously waited too long. On top of everything else, I started getting sick yesterday.

Now some of this may seem petty and silly to be frustrated about. However, when your month starts off hard to begin with, everything else seems just a little bit worse than it is. This is why I am happy to have August done and over with and start with a new leaf tomorrow, September 1st.

However, August has brought alot of sweet things into our life. Here is the list:

- Just hours and days after finding out IVF didn't work this time, we had some amazimg support. IE: email, text, treats and dinners brought by, gifts, hugs, phone calls, thinking of you cards, etc.
- My sister, brother, and sister in-law were able to come for a short visit. And it was perfect timing.
- The first meeting of book club. And it was a huge success and has now given me so many more book club meetings to look forward too.
- Attending our nephew's first football game of the year and seeing them win.
- Going to dinner with friends.
- Receiving my book, Mockingjay.
- Celebrating our niece's 5ht birthday. Happy Birthday, Mandy!!
- Attending the Relief Society Talent Auction.
- Jon starting school.
And so many more things I'm sure I'm not mentioning.

Now, tomorrow is September 1st which means a new month and a new chance to start fresh. And it gives me some things to look forward to.

- Our follow-up appointment with Dr. Heiner.
- Book club where we will be reading God's Smuggler.
- The start of Fall
- Hopefully, the weather getting cooler where long walks will be more enjoyable.
- More football games, little league along with Ute Football

And I'm sure there are so many more blessings on the horizon. I am determined to make September a good month. I know that I will have alot to look forward to as the year is closely coming to an end and I think tomorrow is a good day to start off on.

3 comments:

wuxiheather said...

And hanging out with Heather TONS! I am glad I read this post. Tomorrow is a new day and a new month and I feel it'll be a great one! You just motivated me to get up off my butt and PREPARE myself for tomorrow so it'll start great! I know I'm not going through anything compared to you but with Mike being gone all the time and being diagnosed with this mono crap I have been uber depressed and hopefully I can turn a new leaf. You really do inspire me. Thank you Sally.

Ashley said...

Seriously... when it rains it pours!!! Sounds like you guys are due for some good luck! Good thing September is the greatest month of the year!!

Anonymous said...

you are so amazing and strong! i love reading your blog. with every negative you have a positive:) such a good example. I am looking forward to sept. also!