Friday, January 2, 2015

Looking Forward in 2015


It's a new year and I decided to look forward and "try" to not look back.

Yesterday morning, Jon and I discussed what kind of things we wanted to accomplish this year to improve ourselves and our lives. His first response was find a job. Obviously, I want that too. But we also discussed things that would make us happier. Not more money or a bigger house. Just things that would improve our well-being. I know everyone makes resolutions and sometimes, after a month, give up. I wanted to work on things that were more realistic. So, together we came up with a few that we can do as a couple and then I came up with a few of my own.

Together:
- Plan for a family vacation
- Start dating each other again
- Consistent family prayer
- Read together
- Focus on the temple
- Spending more time with our nieces and nephews
Those are just to name a few.

Mine:
- Daily scripture study (whether it's a chapter, whole book, or a verse)
- Eat healthier
- Personal prayer
- Make more time for reading
- Attend the temple
- Exercise more (even if it's just walking)
- Love and be more accepting of myself (strengths and weaknesses)
- Find peace
- Find time for crafting
- Be more forgiving
- Be more present and attentive
- Follow the Spirit

I felt like these were pretty realistic and easy to accomplish if I focused more. They seem like a lot but I feel like some of them will be like killing 2 or 3 birds with one stone. It will take some work and it may not be easy, but I know I can do it. I want to be a better ME and I feel like these are the things I need to work on to do that.

I am not going to lie, 2014 was a rough and stressful year. I want 2015 to be different. I want to find things to look forward to and be more aware of my daily blessings.

I know that this can be a good year. I am positive that this is a year of changes and good things are coming our way. I am also aware that whatever changes come may not necessarily be what we want them to be, but what Heavenly Father wants them to be.

Happy New Years, my friends! May your 2015 be what you make of it!

No comments: