Sunday, March 28, 2010

12 Years and Counting......


On Friday, March 26th, Jon and I celebrated our 12 wedding anniversary. I have to say, the day started out pretty boring. We both had to work. Yuck!!! I think after 10 years and no kids, its hard to think of anything really exciting to do. However, I did get Jon socks ( I know, romantic) and a really nice card. Jon was actually pretty excited about the socks because he really needed some new ones. And I'm actually pretty lucky to be married to someone who doesn't feel like he really needs anything.
When he came home from work, the first thing he said was how horrible his day was. O.kay....word to the wise, not exactly the best way to show your significant other how much you appreciate him/her and the life you have shared together. I think he realized and ran out to get me some flowers. (see left) Aren't they beautiful??? He didn't want to get me anything too 80's like a bouquet of red roses with baby's breath.
Around 6:30, we met up with Rebecca and Robert and Jamie and RJ at Mimi's Cafe for a celebratory dinner. We felt like it would be more fun to spend our anniversary with friends. Although the service was slow, we had a wonderful time. Jon and I went all out by getting appettizer's and dessert along with our entree's. We had a good time visiting and just talking about everything.
After dinner, I headed over to Jamie's to watch PS I Love You with the girls while the boys hung out at my house to play their March Madness on the Playstation. It's so cute how they think it's real.
All in all, it was a pretty tame evening and we were happy to share it with our friends. I am grateful for the time that I have shared with Jon thus far and look forward to spending the rest of my life with him. He is a good man and works hard for our family. We have had our trials and victories and they have made our marriage stronger. I'm grateful for the love he shows me and how patient he is with me. I will love him forever. Love ya baby!! Thanks for 12 wonderful years!!!

No comments: