Sunday, October 31, 2010

Date Night With Max

This post is a little late, but I wanted to get these pictures up.

So, about a week ago, Jon's brother George and wife, Ashley needed a date night. Ashley sent me an email asking if we would be willing to watch Max for a few hours. I was ECSTATIC!!! Actually, she contacted us about 2 weeks before so I had two weeks to look forward to a night with Jon and Max. However, at the last minute, Jon went to the University of Utah game with our friend RJ so I got Max all to myself. It was a great night. He is sitting up on his own pretty well, so I sat him on the floor and he LOVED having Dixie run around him and lick his fingers. He has the most contagious smile as well. He started getting a little hungry, so I fed him some squash. Ashley has been making her own baby food which I think is AWESOME. So I sat Max in his Bumbo on my kitchen counter, put his bib on him, and then we went to town. It was kind of fun to feed him because his mouth would be full and he would open it for more food. Once he was done with that, I cleaned him up and we played some more. He LOVES mirrors. So I think we spent a good half hour in front of my hallway mirror. Then he started getting tired so I was able to put him down for a short nap. When he woke, I changed his diaper and then we played some more before I gave him his bottle. I sat him on the floor to play with Dixie and I popped in a disc from Mad Men. That kid's eyes were glued to the TV. So we sat and watched Mad Men and played with this toys before his momma and daddy came to get him. It was such a fun evening and I hope I get another chance to watch him again.


Max chillin' in our recliner.


Such a happy boy.


Tired boy

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Cute! I love these pictures. I'm glad you had fun, and we'll for sure plan it again sometime soon! Max loves his auntie!!