Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Grandpa

Sally, Grandpa Fenstermaker, and Sally's mom, Gail.


On Sunday, my loving Grandpa passed away. What a sad moment for our family, but in a lot of ways, a joyful time. This means that Grandpa is no longer suffering and is in a better place........I have so many memories of my time with him. I remember all the camping and fishing trips he would take us grandkids on. Those were always fun. All the long walks he loved going on in the early morning. I rember when I would come over to visit, he was always working in his yard. His yard was and still is beautiful. I remember the time my family drove across country from New Jersey and Grandpa flew out to drive back with us. That was a very memorable trip. My mom and I joke that he is the ultimate scrapbooker because he had put together a photo album of each of his children. I will miss him, but I know that he know's how much I love him.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa, but I know what you mean about it being a happy thing at the same time as it being sad. I'm glad you have such fun memories of him to keep with you.

Tammy said...

Sal - sorry to hear about your grampa. Loosing someone is hard no matter how old or young they are. Having all of the memories you do is good - keep thm alive within, it helps. If you need anything call me. I love you all.
Tammy

Pearson Family said...

That is a very cute picture of the three of you.

Claudine said...

Hey Sally, sorry to hear about your Grandpa. How great to have such wonderful, sweet memories of him so that he is always a part of you.